autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Renaming proposal

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Renaming proposal
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 23:29:28 +0200

Hi Reuben,

 > I just need to know how I should commit the results (not having
 > committed anything before), basically, to what exactly I should push
 > (the "one prefix per commit" rule is easy enough).

it's perfectly alright to push to 'master'. I don't think there is a
need to create another intermediate branch or anything like that.
Personally, I like running "git push origin -v --dry-run" first, to see
what exactly will happen during the push.

 > One problem I noticed while working on my renaming script: in
 > ax_cflags_warn_all{,_ansi}.m4 there are still references to VL_*
 > macros; s/VL_/AX_/ in those files will fix them.

Yes, I wondered about that. Some macros do reference each other in the
documentation or in the source code; those references need to be adapted
too. It's probably not too hard to accomplish, but still it has to be
done. If you can commit a fix for the cflags macros, too, then please
do. And by the way, I'd be happy to have that script of yours in the
repository as well. :-)

Thank you for your efforts,
Peter