autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: test infrastructure

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: test infrastructure
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 18:27:25 +0200

Hi Francesco,

 > I just grabbed the same test-environment I use in my projects (that
 > layout is in use both in savannah and in github ones) and slashed it
 > until it worked into the archive.

thank you very much for sharing that code. The patch applied fine and a
"make check" run worked out of the box, too.

Now, I wonder how exactly I'd design a regression test for a given
macro, say ACX_PTHREAD? I can create a small configure.ac script and
write a test/test-acx_pthread.in driver to run that, but how do I verify
whether that macro worked successfully?

Take care,
Peter