autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Small repository problems

From: Francesco Salvestrini
Subject: Re: Small repository problems
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 01:33:40 +0200

On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
>  > Since my system and savannah accounts are different, the submodule
>  > update fails miserabily for me.
>
> I know that problem.

It's (sadly) common when different accounts are scattered here and
there ... :-)

> Another way to solve the problem is to check out the repository
> manually:
>
>   git clone ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/autoconf-archive m4
>
> That is all "git submodule update -i" does, too. It's basically just a
> funky way to automate those initial checkouts (and to record the HEADs
> of those checkouts in 'maint').

Let us suppose that for some ongoing work we need to tweak both maint and
master branches.

Do we need to check out a branch, make the changes, publish (push) those
changes and then update the submodule to reference the new commit ?

I hope that pushes are not involved for such task, in our setup ...

But is too late now ... have a good night,
Francesco

--
Reliable source, n.:
        The guy you just met.