autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Small repository problems

From: Francesco Salvestrini
Subject: Re: Small repository problems
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 00:30:42 +0200

Hi Dustin,

On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Francesco
>
> Salvestrini<address@hidden> wrote:
> > Since my system and savannah accounts are different, the submodule update
> > fails miserabily for me. With the one-liner patch 0001 the problem
> > disappear.
>
> Again, as a latecomer to this project, my apologies for ignorance:
>
> Why the submodule?  Why not just a subdirectory?
>
> Dustin

Peter arranged the repository as he felt better, since he maintained the whole
archive during these years.

I'm not acquainted with submodules. I'm just filing all my PROs and CONs
before asking for a small rearrangement. At the moment I see only CONs:

1) We need 2 tags for each distribution
2) We need to fetch the gnulib repository
3) The small problems I mentioned earlier

I don't see PROs at the moment but I should admit my ignorance on the subject.

Ciao,
Francesco

--
Why won't sharks eat lawyers?   Professional courtesy.