Re: [AUCTeX] Redefining the context engine

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Redefining the context engine
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:04:37 +0100

* Vladimir Lomov (2010-11-17) writes:

> I changed the code to
> -------------------------- 8< --------------------------
> (eval-after-load "tex"
>   '(setq TeX-command-list
>     (cons '("ConTeXt"
> "/usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/context %s"
> TeX-run-TeX t t :help "Run context (MarkIV)")
>         TeX-command-list)))
> -------------------------- 8< --------------------------
> and it works. But two drawbacks:
>  - when I do C-c C-c I see the command (ConTeXt) and after I hit Enter I
>    see the command to be execute which would be executed only after the
>    next hit on Enter.

You have to set the fourth element in the list defining the new entry to
nil instead of t.  This is explained in the doc string of
`TeX-command-list'.  You can read it e.g. by typing `C-h v
TeX-command-list <RET>'.

>  - if compilation was successful auctex shows (at bottom line,
>    minibuffer?) that 0 page were generated.

After typing `C-c C-l' you should see the output buffer which may give
you some info about what went wrong.

> Seems that I use wrong way to achime the goal. Also I wonder how to
> tell auctex that 'View' should look for PDF file not DVI in that case?

Did you enable TeX PDF mode?  See
(info "(auctex)Processor Options") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here.