Re: [AUCTeX] Redefining the context engine

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Redefining the context engine
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:54:34 +0800

Hi.

** Ralf Angeli [2010-11-07 15:02:32 +0100]:

> * Vladimir Lomov (2010-11-07) writes:
>
>> I want to redefine the program used when call context. Now if I run
>> C-c C-c and choose context the texexec program would be executed. I
>> tried to put the following into '.emacs' file but it doesn't help:
>>
>> -------------------------- 8< --------------------------
>> (eval-after-load "tex"
>>   '(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
>>     '("ConTeXt"
>> "/usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/context %s"
>> TeX-run-command t t :help "Run context (MarkIV)") t))
>> -------------------------- 8< --------------------------
>
> Do you understand that you don't get error parsing if you use
> `TeX-run-command' instead of `TeX-run-TeX'?  With the simple setup of
> the command shown above you also defeat AUCTeX's functionalities for
> switching the engine used by ConTeXt, the language interface and
> input/output correlation.
Thank you Ralf. I'm using auctex several years but didn't do much
configuration of it (I very new with Lisp).
>> How I could change the called program?
>
> Add the entry to the front of `TeX-command-list' and not to the back.
I changed the code to
-------------------------- 8< --------------------------
(eval-after-load "tex"
  '(setq TeX-command-list
    (cons '("ConTeXt"
"/usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/context %s" TeX-run-TeX
t t :help "Run context (MarkIV)")
          TeX-command-list)))
-------------------------- 8< --------------------------
and it works. But two drawbacks:
 - when I do C-c C-c I see the command (ConTeXt) and after I hit Enter I
   see the command to be execute which would be executed only after the
   next hit on Enter.
 - if compilation was successful auctex shows (at bottom line,
   minibuffer?) that 0 page were generated.

Seems that I use wrong way to achime the goal. Also I wonder how to tell auctex
that
'View' should look for PDF file not DVI in that case?

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov.

--
        You will remember, Watson, how the dreadful business of the
Abernetty family was first brought to my notice by the depth which the