Re: [AUCTeX] Redefining the context engine

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Redefining the context engine
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 15:02:32 +0100

* Vladimir Lomov (2010-11-07) writes:

> I want to redefine the program used when call context. Now if I run
> C-c C-c and choose context the texexec program would be executed. I
> tried to put the following into '.emacs' file but it doesn't help:
>
> -------------------------- 8< --------------------------
> (eval-after-load "tex"
>   '(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
>     '("ConTeXt"
> "/usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/context %s"
> TeX-run-command t t :help "Run context (MarkIV)") t))

Do you understand that you don't get error parsing if you use
`TeX-run-command' instead of `TeX-run-TeX'?  With the simple setup of
the command shown above you also defeat AUCTeX's functionalities for
switching the engine used by ConTeXt, the language interface and
input/output correlation.

> How I could change the called program?

Add the entry to the front of `TeX-command-list' and not to the back.