aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] Compiling aspell

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Compiling aspell
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:16:22 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Lawrence" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:25 AM
Subject: [Aspell-user] Compiling aspell

> Hi,
> I have jsut downloaded aspell 0.60.4 to review for my final
year project at
> University of Manchester. I was hoping to build and run it in
MS VS.NET but
> when i open the c++ file aspell and try to run it i get an
error message as if
> it is trying to compile a dll and asks for an exe file to use
in the debugging,
> but i can't for the life of me find an exe file related to
aspell. I am running
> MS Windows XP Prof with SP2. Any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

> Best Regards
> Shaun Lawrence

Hi Shaun,
First, I made a port of several version of aspell for my Windows
project. The project page is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary
The aspell is used as a static lib by my program, but it is easy
to define a new project that is a dynamic library.

Second, I tried to make the objects in Aspell into COM objects as
a first step to .NET support. It was messy. I just checked and I
appear to have deleted what little I've done.

Best of luck and I hope we hear more from you.
Gary Setter