aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] Installation of Aspell in Windows XP

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Installation of Aspell in Windows XP
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:27:56 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Takashi Kikuchi" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:10 AM

> Dear all users
>
> Sorry for the beginners question. I use Windows XP and Winshell
version
> 3.0.  The engine and the dictionary was downloaded from
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/w32/Aspell-0-50-3-3-Setup.exe
and
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/w32/Aspell-en-0.50-2-3.exe,
receptively ,
> and opened. However, Winshell still demands to install these
files? I
> think that it may have a problem of configuration and Winshell
cannot
> find the dictionary. Could anyone help me to solve this
problem?

Hi Takashi Kikuchi,

That is a rather old version of aspell. You are welcome to
download my project, which uses aspell for it's spell check.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary
You do need to download a dictionary separately. My approach to
data and dictionary directories is to place them under the
applications directory. The project settings define the
WIN32_USE_EXECUTABLE_DIR macro to make that happen.
Also, the WIN32_USE_PERSONAL_DIR makes the default home directory
the "MY DOCUMENTS" folder.

Gary Setter