aspell-user

RE: [Aspell-user] extra-dicts

From: Francois Boudreau
Subject: RE: [Aspell-user] extra-dicts
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:28:31 -0500

I found my problem. It was related to USE_FILE_INO defined in
common/settings.h. With USE_FILE_INO, Aspell compares files inode number to
see if a dictionary is already loaded . Under win32 inode numbers mean
nothing. For every file I had inode = 0, device = 2 (C: ). So I could only
load one dictionary. It was working on command line because I ran aspell.exe
through cygwin, which emulate inode numbers I guess. In my VC++ port,
outside of cygwin, my API call didn't work.

So for those using Aspell on win32 you might want to remove USE_FILE_INO
from settings.h before compiling.

Francois Boudreau