aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] extra-dicts

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] extra-dicts
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:25:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Francois Boudreau wrote:

> Hi! I'm trying to use the extra-dicts option through the C interface. Is
> this line correct?
>
> aspell_config_replace(m_spell_config, "add-extra-dicts", "mine.rws");

Try

aspell_config_replace(m_spell_config, "add-extra-dicts", "./mine.rws");
                                                          ^^

And make sure you do it before the manager class is created.

> It returns true but doesn't work.

Setting add-extra-dicts does not actually add the dictionary.  Thus it
will always return true.

> The words in mine.rws still appear as
> errors. It works on the command line though. (I do
> "aspell --add-extra-dicts=./mine.rws -l")

The ./ is important.  Otherwise Aspell will look for the dictionary in the
lib/aspell.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org