aspell-user

RE: [Aspell-user] problem finding word list with pspell/aspell

From: Stephen Simmons
Subject: RE: [Aspell-user] problem finding word list with pspell/aspell
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:00:19 -0500

thanks for the additional information, and your encouragement, melvin.
unfortunately, i'm on a deadline for a project, so i just don't have time to
mess around with modifying the php config/make process at the makefile/code
level to link in the new aspell. i need to get up and running quickly with a
working php/pspell/aspell combination.

so, what i ended up doing is going back to aspell v33.7.1 (with patch), and
i'm finally well on my way to completing a pretty cool spell checking app
for a client.

>Do you believe the author of GNU/Aspell that answered you hours ago, or a
>documentation of another package that was written days/weeks/months ago?

of course, my inclination is to believe the author, but when his cryptic
frustrated and looking for details and support, which in this case is the
latest php documentation and the php developer community.

and please, don't get me wrong: i don't mean to come down on kevin. i'm
grateful for all his hard work - it's the work that he and others like him
do that make it possible for guys like me to stay employed. it's just that
the tone of his emails (we also had a private exchange), and the lack of
usable information in them sound like a man at the end of his rope. so, i'll
look forward to what gnu status has in store for the future of aspell, and i
hope someone comes to kevin's rescue. i wish i had the time, i think it's a
very worthwhile project.

thanks again.

best,

stephen