aspell-user

[Aspell-user] problem finding word list with pspell/aspell

From: Stephen Simmons
Subject: [Aspell-user] problem finding word list with pspell/aspell
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 18:50:47 -0500

hello,

when running the example-c prog in the pspell/examples directory, i'm
getting the following error:

>I'm sorry I can't find any suitable word lists for the language-tag "en".

<snip>

so far i have successfully  done "configure-->make-->make install" for each
of:

1. pspell-.12.2 (including doing add-modules at a later step)
2. aspell-0.50.1
3. aspell-en-0.50-2
4. php --with-pspell=[prefix]

also:
- the --prefix for all runs was the same (<home dir>/usr/local).
- running "aspell check test.txt" on a test file works as expected.
- the resulting php module is happily loaded into apache, and i can see the
pspell functions, but i get the same error as above when calling
pspell_new_config.

i'm guessing that i need to put the word list/dictionary files in a place
that pspell can find them. i've combed the net and the docs for help, but
can't seem to get this worked out. also, everywhere i look, kevin atkinson's
name pops up. so i'm hoping that kevin or someone else can help me finish
off my configuration.

thanks in advance. let me know if you need more info.

best,

stephen
address@hidden