aspell-user

[Aspell-user] Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell with Emacs

From: arthur.chereau
Subject: [Aspell-user] Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell with Emacs
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:24:17 +0200

> > Accented letters are not checked in emacs. Only the non accented part of
> > the word is. Maybe this is because I use ISO-8859-15, but when I switch
> > to latin1 in emacs and have LC_ALL=fr_FR (not @euro) there's no
> > difference.
>
> Are you saying that the word gets split in two or more pieces when there
> is an accent in the word?

Yes. Let's use the following emacs buffer, which is correct:
"bonjour électricité"
When I call ispell-buffer, it says "Spell-checking done"
When I call ispell-word on "électricité", aspell highlights "lectricit" and
makes suggestions based on "lectricit".

Now let's introduce an error:
" bonjour electricité"
- ispell-buffer complains "Ispell misalignment: word `electricité' point 9;
probably incompatible versions"
- ispell-word on "electricité" checks "electricit"

> --lang does not select a dictionary it selects a language.  What is most
> likely happening is that it is looking for the default dictionary for the
> "fr" language.  Try "-d fr-lrg" and see what happens.

-d fr-lrg works, as fr-lrg is a dictionary.

What I would like to do is:
- when I check with lang=fr_FR, automatically check with the fr_FR-80 dictionary
- when I check with lang=en_US, automatically check with the en_US-w-accents
dictionary

So I wrote an aspell.conf file with:
size            80
jargon        w-accents
I don't know if this is enough to tell aspell to automatically select fr_FR-80
and en_US-w-accents when I set the language.

Now, when I set (ispell-change-dictionary "fr_FR-80") in .emacs, I get an
"Undefined dictionary: fr_FR-80". I don't understand why as fr_FR-80 is a
dictionary, not a language. But if I set (ispell-change-dictionary "francais"),
then it works, although "francais" seems to be a language. I don't know if
"francais" is the ispell.el name for "fr_FR" and then, if the fr_FR-80
dictionary is automatically selected.

Thanks for your help.