artanis

Re: [Artanis] Using Session and Cookies in the Same Call

From: Jonathan Schmeling
Subject: Re: [Artanis] Using Session and Cookies in the Same Call
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 00:23:10 +0000

On 5/21/19 12:30 PM, Nala Ginrut wrote:
> Hi Jonathan!
>
> Jonathan Schmeling writes:
>
>> Do the cookies have to be passed, on redirects, manually? I thought,
>> like sessions, they'd be managed automatically (though that very well
>> could be an erroneous assumption, on my part).
> Most (well please remember, Most) modern browsers support cookies from
> 302 redirect.

Ahhh; that's where my misunderstanding was coming from. I knew that was
true for cookies but, for whatever reason, kept thinking the session was
handled directly by Artanis and wasn't making the connection that the
redirect was likely directly the cause of things.

Thanks a ton for explaining.

If it isn't too much effort – any –, how would you pass the session data
to the redirect via the new cookies construct you added? I have a guess
but I figure, rather than guess, I can just verify for certainty.

Lastly, (I don't think I ever asked this, yet, nor saw it in the doc.)
is there a way to hook a Guile REPL into a running Artanis instance?
I'm…not able to remember why I've wanted this, in the past…but I have so
I figured I'd ask if it was feasible; such that all the
objects/libraries in use by the running Artanis instance can be accessed
by the REPL.

Thanks for any help!

Jonathan