artanis

Re: [Artanis] Using Session and Cookies in the Same Call

From: Jonathan Schmeling
Subject: Re: [Artanis] Using Session and Cookies in the Same Call
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 00:57:55 +0000

On 5/6/19 9:32 PM, Nala Ginrut wrote:

> Hi Jonathan!
>
> Jonathan Schmeling writes:
>
>> It's always plausible that this isn't something that was designed,
>> intentionally, but is it feasible to spawn sessions in the same call as
>> you set! a cookie?
> The redirect-to missed a feature to pass extra headers, I added just
> now.
> The interface becomes:
> ------------------code-----------------------------------------
> (redirect-to rc path #:key (status 301) (scheme 'http)
> (type '(text/html))
> (headers '()))
> ------------------end------------------------------------------
>
> I haven't gotten time to test it. And we may add more convenient
> mechanism based on this feature.

Do the cookies have to be passed, on redirects, manually? I thought,
like sessions, they'd be managed automatically (though that very well
could be an erroneous assumption, on my part).

However, it had seemed, in what I was doing, that the session was no
longer getting recognized during the process of the redirect when I set!
a cookie right before calling the redirect.

When no cookie was set! and then the redirect called, the previously
setup session worked, as expected.

Would this new ability to pass extra headers on redirects help with what
seems, to me, an inconsistency in how established sessions are
recognized/remembered?

Thanks!

Jonathan