aramorph-users

Re: [Aramorph-users] XML tables

From: Ahmed El-dawy
Subject: Re: [Aramorph-users] XML tables
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:16:28 +0300

On 8/17/05, Pierrick Brihaye <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Send what you have provided that is is functional and reasonabily bug-free.

This class transforms the dictionaries and tables to XML with the structure we have agreed on (till now). The compatability tables are three files till now.
I am now making the parser using SAXParser. If I found it easy, I will merge the compatability tables into one file.
There are some points I want to know before I make the parser.
1. Is the part of deduction of POS will be in the parser or in the transformer? The class I am sending you now, deduces the appropriate POS and stores it into XML file. You may like not to store it in XML file and deduce it again when loading XML files, which will make parsing more slower.
2. Is it accepted to add two classes: one for Dictionary and the other for CompatabilityTable? This will make the XML parser much easier for me. Also it will make the code easier to understand.
3. I think it is better to add an interface DictionaryHandler which will be implemented by InMemoryDictionaryHandler and XMLDictionaryHandler.

Sorry for this long e-mail.

Regards,
Ahmed Saad