adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] configure.in:166: warning: macro `AM_PATH_SDL2'

From: Chris Frey
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] configure.in:166: warning: macro `AM_PATH_SDL2' not found in library
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:24:42 -0500

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 03:28:18PM +0100, Kai Sterker wrote:
> In general, the aclocal stuff is still a bit of a mystery to me.
> What's a good way to make sure people don't run into such problems,
> especially for packages that are optional like SDL 2? OTOH, with an
> official source tarball, the configure script is present already and
> there's no need to run autogen.sh. But for people building directly
> from GIT, how can autogen.sh be made more foolproof?

I think that's what the m4/ directory is for (might be named differently
in different projects).  I add the following to Makefile.am:

ACLOCAL_FLAGS = -I m4
ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4

And the following to configure.ac:

AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])

Then I drop any m4 files in that directory that cannot be reliably found
on the system.

Hopefully both SDL 1 and 2 can coexist in the same configure, and you can
use AC_ARG_WITH to let the user configure which library to use at
compile time.

- Chris