adonthell-general

[Adonthell-general] Combat and Stats

From: Nils Fohrbeck
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Combat and Stats
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:46:08 +0200

As far as combat is concerned I would suggest the following:
An attack percentage (starts at 50%, improves as levels are gained,with certain
spells, fighting feats magic weapons ect.). A parry percentage (Starts at 0%,
can be improved by gaining levels, shields, spells fighting feats, ect.) An
Armour value(determinted by your armour) and a damage value (your weapon's
damage + your strength). To hit you need to beat Your hit percentage - the
opponents parry percentage. Your damage equals your damage value - your
opponents armour value. The resulting number is substracted from your opponents
health.

As far as resistances are concerned I think the player's character should start
off with relatively low resistances. The increase in his resistances should be
mainly due to magic items, not level gain. A resistance of 100% means the
character/npc is immune to the damage source (so a fire elemental should have a
resistance of 100% against fire). I would suggest the following resistances:
fire, poison, ice ect. and along with each resistance goes one kind of damage.
So a poisoned dart could do 5 damage (armour helps against this) and another 5
points of poison damage (of course armour won't help against this).

Nils
Seien Sie dabei und sichern Sie sich 100% Leistung, 100% Prämie und
100% Zufriedenheit. Jetzt unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021105