adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Combat and Stats

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Combat and Stats
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 18:41:12 +0200

On Mon, 6 May 2002 17:46:08 +0200 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:

> As far as combat is concerned I would suggest the following:
> An attack percentage (starts at 50%, improves as levels are
> gained,with certain spells, fighting feats magic weapons ect.). A
> parry percentage (Starts at 0%, can be improved by gaining levels,
> shields, spells fighting feats, ect.) An Armour value(determinted by
> your armour) and a damage value (your weapon's damage + your
> strength). To hit you need to beat Your hit percentage - the opponents
> parry percentage. Your damage equals your damage value - your
> opponents armour value. The resulting number is substracted from your
> opponents health.

Yeah, sounds good. Although perhaps the initial value should depend on
the race somewhat. Like humans would be better at attack, dwarves have
higher resistances, Elves more likely to avoid damage (parry).
Half-Elves could be somewhere in between.

That's more or less what Nezumi's writing regarding the races describes.
I think it is okay to add a racial bonus here, even if players will
never see the numbers. We just need to mention somewhere that dwarves
have higher natural resistances, humans have etc. ...

Oh yes, actual resistances look good to me as well. :)

Kai