adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] sound fx

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] sound fx
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 08:54:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 May 2002, cirrus wrote:

> -A jump / falling down noise (a bit artificial, I know, but I think it
> might still be good Zelda and SoM have it)

That's something we really should keep in mind.  Realism is all well and
good, but there are some conventions that make for better storytelling
than simply putting in what's "real".  So animations that are more
dramatic or overdone than real motions, or sound effects like this one,
add to believability.  It's more a case of storytelling than anything
else.

It's a bit of a vague concept, but I think you all know what I'm talking
about.

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
  "His name was Remo and shoes annoyed him." -- The Destroyer #56: