adonthell-general

[Adonthell-general] sound fx

From: cirrus
Subject: [Adonthell-general] sound fx
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 18:58:57 +0000

Hi
I've been thinking, one thing Adonthell is still lacking, and I think
with the increased freedom of player movement this will become more
apparent, is sound fx. Apart from that it will add a lot of atmosphere
IMO.

I'm planning to take my MD Walkman out and record a few ambient
background sounds (birds singing, people chatting in a pub, water
streams...) and fiddle with them in the PC to make 'em seamlessly
loopable, but that's about as much as I can do. Unless JT or someone is
interested and has the time/equipment we should perhaps put an ad out on
savannah or somewhere asking for sfx people.

I don't think we need loads of sounds but here's a list of things I
think should be included:

Player sounds:
-Footsteps on stone, grass and water (I think the player char should
have footstep sounds, but no other chars should - unless it's a huge
troll or something like that because it would just get irritating)

-A jump / falling down noise (a bit artificial, I know, but I think it
might still be good Zelda and SoM have it)

-Some metal clashing noise if we add fighting

-Some magic sfx if we add magic skills

Item sounds:
-door opening / closing

-something being pushed/pulled along a floor

Ambient sounds:
-wind
-water
-leaves rustling
-pub background din
 etc...

                -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821