[Adonthell-devel] Object Ownership (was: User interface open items)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Object Ownership (was: User interface open items)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 22:31:00 +0100

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Splitting this into a new thread:

> * Second, make sure layout::add_child or window_manager::add take
> proper ownership of the C++ object. Need to check the SWIG manual how
> to best go about that. For now, manually changing ownership should be
> an acceptable workaround.

I now remember that I had done some work to adress this issue. For
instance, window_manager::add already takes ownership of the window.
See http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-devel/2011-08/msg00031.html

The problem is, this solution will no longer work when switching to
--builtin (see
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-devel/2011-12/msg00005.html),
because in that case there won't be any Python shadow classes to which
code could be added.

Will have to come up with something else, then. Ideas welcome!