[Adonthell-devel] Re: Countdown ...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Countdown ...
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:42:20 -0700

On 7/20/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

And if I don't hear otherwise by tomorrow, I'll do the animation
playback too :-).

That one is done, implemented as I had suggested earlier. While that
is definitely a lot of overhead for _one_ animation, I do hope that it
is sufficiently fast when considering all the objects that are not
really animated.

One thing that bothers me a little is the low resolution of the timer
and the dependency on cycle time. Right now, the in-game timer ticks
every 5 game cycles, so with 25ms per cycle we'll have a resolution of
125ms. That kind of works out with NG, where I set the delay between
frames to 250ms. If we need much shorter or more fine-grained delays,
we'd have to change implementation.

Not sure yet, how busy my weekend will be (there's
some kind of festival going on we might check out), so I might not be
able to get everything done in time. But a day more or less shouldn't
matter after a couple years without any release ;-)

With the animation playback complete, everything is ready for release.
I've updated the PLAYING file with the gamepad configuration (see
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/adonthell/test/README.worldtest?root=adonthell&view=markup)
If I can get the OSX package done today (still working on a script to
do most of the work), I could at least upload stuff. Don't think I can
get all the announcements done before tomorrow, though.