Re: [Adonthell-devel] charedit update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] charedit update
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:34:55 -0700

On 7/20/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm still not having much luck tying my attribute and property classes into
the existing rpg::character namespace (I suspect trying it on a machine I
don't control may be an exercise in education futility), but rather than be
stymied, I've continued to develop charedit as a stand-alone tool.

Seems like the right decision for now ... charedit could be integrated
as the character/rule implementation in the game engine advances, if
necessary. Considering the complexity and numerous dependencies of the
codebase, it's probably almost impossible.

[...]

In my implementation, the current value of the property is found by
multiplying the attribute value by a now-variable multiplier and adding to
that a modifier. I did this because it occurred to me that with a variable
multiplier and a small modifier value, special abilities can more easily
have an proportional impact on a character's properties.

I like that idea. The fixed multipliers bothered me a little bit, as
they seem to limit the number of character variations you could get.