Re: [Adonthell-devel] problem compiling toward charedit

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] problem compiling toward charedit
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:11:06 -0500

On 7/16/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
Did you try running configure or does it fail to even create it in the
first place? Old versions of automake et. al. should be less of a
problem on Linux. At least it might get you far enough as to create
the config.h for you.

configure doesn't seem to work, either, but I'll double check.

> , so I've decided to try to compile without config.h. Am I
> right in guessing that config.h primarily concerns endianness?

That and the definition of certain constants etc ... . If the above is
too much hassle, you could probably supply your own version of that
file. I can send you mine once I am back from work as a starting
point. But maybe you can even do without. See below.

>  If so, given that Endor is little-endian, it should be possible to tweak
> the code to assume as much. I don't know how to do that yet, but I don't
> want to be stymied any longer.

Little endian is default, so nothing to do here. I guess you could
surround the #include "config.h" in base/endian.h with #ifdef
HAVE_CONFIG_H as it actually should be ;-). Then you should be fine.
configure will automatically supply a -DHAVE_CONFIG_H when it creates
the Makefiles, so it wouldn't break the existing stuff either.

I'll confirm that this is the case (and add the ifdef if it's not there) when I get the chance. If it turns out that configure really doesn't work, and not having config.h breaks things too badly, having your config.h would be a help.

Andrew