Re: [Adonthell-devel] problem compiling toward charedit

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] problem compiling toward charedit
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:59:17 -0700

On 7/16/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

I've gotten no response to my inquiries about upgrading autoconf and
automake on Endor

Did you try running configure or does it fail to even create it in the
first place? Old versions of automake et. al. should be less of a
problem on Linux. At least it might get you far enough as to create
the config.h for you.

, so I've decided to try to compile without config.h. Am I
right in guessing that config.h primarily concerns endianness?

That and the definition of certain constants etc ... . If the above is
too much hassle, you could probably supply your own version of that
file. I can send you mine once I am back from work as a starting
point. But maybe you can even do without. See below.

 If so, given that Endor is little-endian, it should be possible to tweak
the code to assume as much. I don't know how to do that yet, but I don't
want to be stymied any longer.

Little endian is default, so nothing to do here. I guess you could
surround the #include "config.h" in base/endian.h with #ifdef
HAVE_CONFIG_H as it actually should be ;-). Then you should be fine.
configure will automatically supply a -DHAVE_CONFIG_H when it creates
the Makefiles, so it wouldn't break the existing stuff either.