[Adonthell-devel] demo "map" complete

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] demo "map" complete
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 06:09:01 +0200

I finally abandoned my urge to make everything look perfect and added
the last missing elements to the demo map. It now looks pretty much
like what Alex had some years ago ;-).

While it's not nice to look at, it's at least a pretty good example of
the problems in the current map implementation. Most obvious are the
crashes related to objects that span multiple cells of the grid (so
none of those are used for now), and the lack of proper object models
and collision handling.

On the bright side, we can demonstrate pixel by pixel movement,
walking, running and jumping (although without any special animations)
and different heights levels. So for our little release, only three
major things have to be completed:

1. animation playback
2. improve controls, especially related to jumping
3. packaging

I can take care of number 2 and 3, and if Tyler doesn't have time, I
will look into 1 as well. Afterwards we can only hope that it will
generate some interest among programmers and artists -- maybe the ugly
look will actually help with latter ;-).