Re: [Adonthell-devel] inventory news

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] inventory news
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:29:17 +0200

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 01:19:46 +0200 Thorsten Riess wrote:

> inventory_base has also member functions for adding/removing items and
> transfering them to another inventory. I decided to handle the money
> as a special item rather than via the inventory class itself.

Making money an item seems good to me. That way, whatever we chose for
money won't be hardcoded into the engine.

Oh, and we'll certainly need a method to iterate over an inventory. That
would be useful for saving, but is also needed for an inventory GUI
later on.

> The item_base class consists of the following:
[...]
> - types: is a list of types (picking up Kai's suggestion) the
>           item belongs to (a torch can be a weapon and a lightsource)
>           The names of the types are the names of the corresponding
>           Python-files that are used for the action methods

That's clever. :)

Well, all in all that's a good start. Not long and we can think about
integrating things into the engine. (Have you already thought about
handling items on the map, Alex?)