[Adonthell-devel] Backporting to v0.3? (was: Map engine Tech Preview 2 ;

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Backporting to v0.3? (was: Map engine Tech Preview 2 ;p)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 13:03:26 +0100

On 14 Mar 2002 20:13:36 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Releasing should be easy. That's releasing with a full-featured game
> again that will be more problematic :) Maybe we could do some minor
> releases.

Perhaps we could also port some of the new stuff back to the v0.3
engine. Things like the gamepad support or i18n come to mind. That
doesn't involve too many changes to code and data. I guess the amount of
work is much the same as if we would produce a small data package for
testing the v0.4 engine. It might also attract some people that didn't
try Waste's Edge so far.

Of course, we can't do that with the new mapengine, but maybe there some
more small improvements that could be easily applied to v0.3. That way
we would produce some news from time to time, without too much effort.

What do you think?