ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] Keywords not being identified in ada-mode 5.3.1 (or

From: Jonty Needham
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] Keywords not being identified in ada-mode 5.3.1 (or 5.2.2)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:42:19 +0000

This is interesting. When querying the value of font-lock-keywords in ada-mode I get:
font-lock-keywords is a variable defined in ‘font-lock.el’.
Its value is
(t
 (#1=("^[     ]*\\(#.*
\\)"
      (1 font-lock-preprocessor-face t))
     #2=("\\<\\>"
         (0 font-lock-keyword-face)))
 #1# #2#)
Local in buffer my_file.adb; global value is nil

  This variable may be risky if used as a file-local variable.

However in other languages, I get the full list of keywords.

Jonty

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 6:01 PM Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
Jonty Needham <address@hidden> writes:

> That's a helpful check, however font-lock-mode was enabled and disabling it
> removes highlighting for comments and constants too. The parser is whether
> in font-lock-mode or not, which I think is good. But keywords are not being
> identified as such.

Does font-lock work in other language files (ie, lisp, C)?

In your Ada file:

Is font-lock-keywords non-nil?

Is global-font-lock-mode non-nil? (ada-mode checks that explicitly)

What is the value of ada-language-version?

If you are comfortable with elisp debugging, step thru the execution of
ada-mode; you may find the problem.

Perhaps there is something odd about your file; send it to me?

--
-- Stephe