ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] Keywords not being identified in ada-mode 5.3.1 (or

From: Jonty Needham
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] Keywords not being identified in ada-mode 5.3.1 (or 5.2.2)
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:11:43 +0000

That's a helpful check, however font-lock-mode was enabled and disabling it removes highlighting for comments and constants too. The parser is whether in font-lock-mode or not, which I think is good. But keywords are not being identified as such.

thanks
Jonty

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:03 PM Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
Jonty Needham <address@hidden> writes:

> This is in emacs 26.1 on CentOS 7.5
>
> Keywords don't seem to be identified as such and therefore don't seem to be
> coloured as they should be. I've installed ada-mode through emacs.

I assume mean the GNU ELPA ada-mode package

> Putting the cursor over one and typic C-u C-x = doens't indicate that
> it's a keyword;

Sounds like you have font-lock disabled

> function names are identified as such as are comments and constants.

This says Ada mode is active, and the parser succeeded (ie the Ada code
is syntactically correct).

Keywords are highlighted by font-lock, the rest is highlighted by the
parser. The parser runs even if font-lock is disabled. That might be
considered a bug.

--
-- Stephe