ac-archive-maintainers

Re: Re-licensing your Autoconf Macro

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Re-licensing your Autoconf Macro
Date: 23 Jan 2005 23:33:29 +0100

Roger Leigh writes:

 >> AC_CONFIG_LIBCONFIG_IN
 >> AC_CONFIG_PKGCONFIG_IN
 >> AC_PATH_LIB

 > [...] with the advent of pkg-config these macros are
 > pretty much deprecated. [...] Would it be possible to
 > mark them as deprecated, and remove them at some point in
 > the future?

Robert, you have the dubious honor of being the first one
ever to have a macro obsoleted in the Archive. That feature
is brand new. ;-)

If you look at

  http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive/htmldoc/

you'll find the macros still listed, but marked as obsolete.
We will remove them from the archive eventually.

If I don't hear anything further, I'll assume you are happy
with this, okay?

Cheers,
  Peter