ac-archive-maintainers

Re: cvs log: converted m4 sources to canonical format

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: cvs log: converted m4 sources to canonical format
Date: 22 Jan 2005 20:47:44 +0100

Guido Draheim writes:

 >> The submitters can write into [the @category] field
 >> whatever they want, or they can just leave it blank.
 >> What counts is what the maintainer who commits the macro
 >> into CVS writes into that field. Getting that stuff
 >> right is our job [...].

 > This is bogus - the repository file should be no
 > different from the download file which should be no
 > different from submission file [...].

So you are saying when someone submits a macro and adds a
line saying

  @category Evil Space Nazis Destroyed Atlantis

into the documentation, then we should distribute it that
way?

I think it would be better to edit it to say

  @category Automake

instead -- at least if the submitted macro belongs into that
category.

The idea behind categories in the Macro Archive is that the
categorization helps the user, you know. Categories weren't
added so that you can publish your favorite Haiku on the
index page.

Peter