ac-archive-maintainers

Re: CVS Layout

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: CVS Layout
Date: 19 Jan 2005 12:53:33 +0100

Tom Howard writes:

 > Do you have to change permissions on that for me to be
 > able to write to [CVSROOT/modules]?

I've tried to commit the file you sent me, but I get the
same error. So I searched around on Savannah for a bit and
found this:

 | We do not allow projects' CVSROOT/ directories to be
 | modified any longer.
 |
 | We are working on a web interface to allow you to safely
 | configure log_accum and commit_prep in your CVSROOT.
 |
 | Meanwhile, you can ask us to manually make the changes for
 | you. Please post a support request at
 | https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group=administration
 | providing the following information:
 |
 |     * project (system) name;
 |     * email address to send commit logs to;
 |     [...]

From:
<https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=Is_it_possible_to_receive_an_email_for_each_commit_on_the_CVS_repository.txt>.

Clearly the contact instructions above are meant for those
who want their commit logs e-mail to them, but if one asks
them nicely I'd guess they'd modify the "modules" file too.

It's a shame Savannah disabled commits to CVSROOT, though, I
hadn't known that either.

Peter