ac-archive-maintainers

Re: licenses in generated m4 files

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: licenses in generated m4 files
Date: 18 Jan 2005 01:06:00 +0100

Bastiaan Veelo writes:

 > [various points]

Same disclaimer as in the reply to Alexandre's posting.

 >> (2) Which licenses do we accept?

 > Adopting the all permisive license as mentioned by others
 > for the whole archive would be most practical. Make it a
 > requirement for new submissions and contact authors for
 > re-licensing.

I agree that having all contents under an all-permissive
license would be the best solution. Getting everybody's
consent will be quite an effort, though, and I doubt I'll
have the spare time to do that at the moment. Would anyone
volunteer for the job?

What would we do with macros where the author does _not_
consent?

 > If I am being a PITA, I propose to remove myself.

There is no need to worry, I can deal with people
disagreeing with me. If there is a solution that makes
everybody happy, then let's do it. I run this archive for
the _users_, so it would be pretty illogical to ignore their
concerns.

Peter