[Xlog-discussion] identifying log format

From: richard
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] identifying log format
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:55:09 +0000

Hi I just noticed that my 2005 log got a bit screwed up, all the qra locators were missing.
Luckily I have backups, but don't seem to be able recognise the log format.
What was the raw format the early versions of xlog used, the log files have no suffix , now its log.xlog
How do you identify if it adif, etc etc.
Where the log for 2005 got screwed up was on the amount of characters in the report field, it accepted the first 3 digits then put the next 2 or 3 in a separate field.
that was OK until a contest report was entered.
I know I've asked a similar question before, but that was on the previous dead hard drive.
TIA
73 Richard g8jvm