[Xlog-discussion] Date format error with Cabrillo import?

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Date format error with Cabrillo import?
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:38:47 -0600

Hi Joop.

I've been using xlog to build a coherent log out of many different
sources.  I imported a Cabrillo file with about 100 records this
evening only to realize after I tried to upload the ADIF file to eqsl
that the date format was wrong.  Here is the date field from the
Cabrillo file generated by TLF:

2002-10-27

Meanwhile the TLF log file has:

27-Oct-02

And yet when importing from the TLF log file (another log that I didn't
have a Cabrillo for) the date is translated into the prefered Xlog
format:

But importing from the Cabrillo file, the date remains:

2002-10-27

Is this a bug or does the import function not touch the date format as
it seems to do when importing from TLF format?

I prefer using the Cabrillo format when available as I seem to get a
cleaner log (with RST + zone, etc.), plus it may be the only way to
import some old CT logs these days.  Having to fix the date on a
moderately large log doesn't sound like much fun!  ;-)

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"