[Xlog-discussion] Importing ADIF log from Logger32

From: JACrux
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Importing ADIF log from Logger32
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:05:54 +0100

xlog compiles just fine under SuSE 9.3. But when I import 22000 qsos from
Logger32 (Windows 2000), via the ADIF exported file, I get two very obvious
problems.

1. When I run as root  and import the ADIF file, I get messages about a
problem with converting from UTF8 format. I have no idea how to fix this. My
SuSE language settings are the default ones, as far as I know. Windows 2000
runs with default settings, but I'm not sure about Logger32.

2. Running as a normal user, the entire 22000 entry callsign column is
completely black, until I click on a callsign. Then (and only because I
changed the colour scheme)  I see the callsign. Its white on blue since I
changed the colour scheme. (The whole entry line shows up as white on blue)

3. If I run as root in a terminal window and load the same ADIF file from
Logger32 under Windows,  I do see all the callsigns as white on a black
background. The whole callsign column is black; all other columns are OK,
altho I have to adjust some of the column widths - see 4 below.

4. ALL imported GMT entries are six digits long. 2345 becomes 234500. The
Logger32 setup is for just 2345 and I have checked it.  I tried the 23:45
format as well as the 2345 format. It makes no difference. The times are
always extended to six digits.

The programme looks good, but any help would be appreciated.

73  John  G3JAG