Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9

From: Karl Larsen
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:17:34 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> Hey Karl and the gang;
>
> Here is some hopefully relevant info from my Mandrake 10.0 Official
> (mdk.rpm) system. (I modified Joop's rpm spec file slightly to accommodate
> Mandrake's Pentium bias and penchant for bzip instead of gzip files.) The
> compile was without incident and subsequent rpm(s) seem fine.)
>
> address@hidden SPECS]# urpmf libexpat.so.1
> address@hidden SPECS]# urpmf libexpat
> libexpat0:/usr/lib/libexpat.so.0
> libexpat0:/usr/lib/libexpat.so.0.4.0
> libexpat0-devel:/usr/include/expat.h
> libexpat0-devel:/usr/lib/libexpat.a
> libexpat0-devel:/usr/lib/libexpat.la
> libexpat0-devel:/usr/lib/libexpat.so
> libexpat0-devel:/usr/share/doc/expat-1.95.6
> libexpat0-devel:/usr/share/doc/expat-1.95.6/reference.html
> address@hidden SPECS]# rpm -qa|grep -i libexpat
> libexpat0-1.95.6-4mdk
> libexpat0-devel-1.95.6-4mdk
> address@hidden SPECS]#
>
> Very best regards;
>
> Bob Finch
> w9ya

        If I new anything about making a rpm file I'm sure what you sent
would make sense. I see your loading things into the /usr/ directory.
But beyound that it's Greek to me. I think Mandrake has taken huge
liberties with rpm. And their lib fill is quite differnet than Red Hat.
This has caused Xlog to not run on Red Hat.

        For a linux user such as me I can compile a tarball and load an
rpm. If it involves writing an rpm or modifying a tarball it's out of my
hands.