Re: [Xlog-discussion] hamlib1.1.3

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] hamlib1.1.3
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:27:14 +0200

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 06:52:49 +0930
James Crawford <address@hidden> wrote:

> Joop,
>       Once again, thank you very much for your email, time, and patience.  I
> realize that what you have been telling me to do are in the pages I can read
> from myself.
>       I have done what you said and the hamlibs option did show up in my
> preferences.  The freq readout works but the Smeter is not working.  In the
> terminal window that I started xlog the following msgs keep scrolling down:
>
> icom_get_mode: wrong frame len=0
> icom_get_freq: wrong frame len=0

(Please Cc to xlog-discussion, maybe other people can help too...)
Apparently, your rig is not fully supported by hamlib. What I can
understand from the hamlib sources, icom_get_mode produces this error
when your rig does not return both a Cn and data area (whatever that
means :-)). If you are prepared to do a bit of testing, this can
probably be fixed. Hamlib support is pretty good and there is a
mailing list for the kind of problems you are describing at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib. The list is called
hamlib-developer. You can subscribe through the web-interface.

>       As stated the freq readout works well and is very dynamic, but the
> s-meter
> is not working.
>       On the status bar of Xlog I get the following readou:
> Hamlib error -8: Protocol error
>
>       I am using an Icom 706 mkii and this is the radio chosen in the drop
> down
> menu for preferences, hamlibs, radio.   I have my radios civ address set to
> the defaul 4EH.
>       Again, any ideas?
>       Thank you for your time,
>       James