Re: [Xlog-discussion] hamlib1.1.3

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] hamlib1.1.3
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 23:01:02 +0200

Hi James,

I'm the maintainer of the hamlib's Icom backend.

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 06:52:49 +0930
> James Crawford <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > preferences.  The freq readout works but the Smeter is not working.  In the

The 706 MkII has no S-meter readout support through CI-V.
To make sure, look at the relevant page about CI-V at the end of your
Icom manual.

> > terminal window that I started xlog the following msgs keep scrolling down:
> >
> > icom_get_mode: wrong frame len=0
> > icom_get_freq: wrong frame len=0

That's weird...

> (Please Cc to xlog-discussion, maybe other people can help too...)
> Apparently, your rig is not fully supported by hamlib. What I can
> understand from the hamlib sources, icom_get_mode produces this error
> when your rig does not return both a Cn and data area (whatever that
> means :-)). If you are prepared to do a bit of testing, this can
> probably be fixed. Hamlib support is pretty good and there is a
> mailing list for the kind of problems you are describing at:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib. The list is called
> hamlib-developer. You can subscribe through the web-interface.

I would be interrested to see full traces, but this time using rigctl
with -vvvvvv argument. Let me know if you don't see how to proceed.

73
Stephane