Re: [XForms] XForm.FontSize, XForm.PupFontSize

From: Peter Rowat
Subject: Re: [XForms] XForm.FontSize, XForm.PupFontSize
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 15:50:59 -0700

Thank you, Jens, for this detailed explanation.  I was hoping someone else
would quickly answer my dumb quest before you  spent your valuable time on it.
But, I now know 100% more than I did before about resources.

I have no .Xresources file.  But you’ve given me enough pointers I may figure
it out myself. Somewhere there’s a startup file that is read when Xlib first
starts up or when I first login).
I’m using XQuartz, the Xlib replacement on OS X.

On a different note: Using the xforms “timer” or “idlecallback” to run my
animations, they ran much more slowly than the same animations used to run on a
 Sun Ultra which had a CPU clock speed orders of magnitude slower thank my
MacBok pro. However, using  your sigALRM programs I can now run the animations
just as fast or faster.

Thank you,

Peter R