Re: [XForms] Font issues

From: Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane
Subject: Re: [XForms] Font issues
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 13:23:17 +0000

<SNIP>

> PS: Has anyone proposals which TrueType fonts, if possible avai-
>     lable on most machines without any extar installations, should
>     be used as default fonts for XForms?
> --

When I have to consider fonts for any projects today, I first see if The DejaVu
fonts (fallback to Bitstream) cover the needed chars and look OK for the use...
so far so good.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DejaVu_fonts
http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DejaVu_fonts
or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitstream_Vera

perhaps do a walk through some distros, OSX and Windows** to see if Bitstream,
DejaVu or some _other_ font seems fairly consistently available.

But it might be good to ask some folks who consider fonts all the time (of
course add appropriate salt for their [and my] distro bias :)
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fonts_SIG
They have some resources available
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Public_font_lists
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fonts_and_text_QA

**Do the windows fonts matter when xforms is running under Cygwin?

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the
terms of any contract.