[XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.7.3: Full board textures + maximize window

From: Sebastian Pipping
Subject: [XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.7.3: Full board textures + maximize window
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:18:08 +0200

Hello!

On my journey trying to get a natural-looking Xiangqi mode running with
XBoard (rather than WinBoard), I ran into problems with rendering.

My call to xboard was

  xboard \
        -variant xiangqi \
        \
        -liteBackTextureFile ${D}/themes/textures/xqboard.png \
        -darkBackTextureFile ${D}/themes/textures/xqboard.png \
        -overrideLineGap 0 \
        \
        -pieceImageDirectory ${D}/themes/xiangqi \
        -trueColors true

Now when XBoard starts up this looks sane.

When I maximize the window to full screen, the boards starts to look
very weird, see [1].

I started inspecting BlankSquare and CutOutSquare in draw.c.  In
CutOutSquare there are guards

  if(textureW[kind] < W*squareSize)

and

  if(textureH[kind] < H*squareSize) .

Is my understanding correct that these are meant to detect if the
provided texture files are expected to be (a) a single field or (b) a
full board?  If so we might need a new config parameter to tell XBoard
from the outside for once, instead.

What do you think?

Best,

Sebastian