Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk update

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk update
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:30:51 -0700

Hi

> The buttons in the Game List window are unwieldly large, and in their
> current layout dominate the width of the window completely. They should
> be made a lot smaller, or put in two rows above each other, or simply
> omitted. (I don't know if there are still people that actualy use these
> buttons. Normally you simply click the game you want to load.
> This makes even stepping through the list redundant, but people that
> want to do it will use the keyboard arrows for that, making the Up/Down
> buttons the secondary backup system.)

I removed all the buttons, I think we also won't need the filter
anymore, since you can search in a GTKTreeView and you can also make the
columns sortable

> There seems to be a problem with exposure events indeed.

still don't know where that comes from... getting the feeling that this
is a problem with the main loop. Perhaps we need to pull for GTK events
more often?

ARUN