Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard sources missing

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard sources missing
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:34:44 +0100

n that case we could also just call it 4.4.2 ;) 4.3.x went up to 16?
and I don't think that we will get a lot more than that and even if we
would it would be ok... no real reason to save version numbers...

OK, I am in favor of an immediate 4.4.2 release, then.
Problem is that I submitted the patches in the wrong order,
as I discovered the bug I introduced in the FEN pasting
only when doing the refctoring of e.p. and castling rights.
I would prefer that refactoring to go into a beta version,
and not dump it completely untested in a "stable release".

Is there any easy way for you to invert the order of patches,
when they are to the same file? Solving the bug is reasonably
easy and low-risk; it is just a matter of equiping EditPositionDone()
with a Boolean argument fakeRights, and putting an
if(fakeRights) { ... } around the castling-rights code.
It is called quite a few times, though, and all except the last call
should be with argument value TRUE.

Should I make a seprate version of the 4.4.1 backend.c / backend.h
that has just this patch?