web-hurd

Re: Dead site?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Dead site?
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:31:10 +0100

   The HURD pages appear not to have been updated since 2003, if the
   "What's New" section is to be believed.

If you read the section, it is mostly about new stuff on the web
pages, not for the Hurd.  We don't document things that happen in the
Hurd there unless the changes touch alot of users.  And as it happens,
nothing worthy has happened since 2003.  Maybe you know of any new
events that have happened?  Would you like to post tidbits to web-hurd
so that they can be added?

   Could somebody on the project please keep the rest of us informed
   regarding the latest HURD developments?

Would you like to do this?

   If it's a money problem, I don't mind increasing my membership
   fees...

If you mean the FSF associate program thing, then note that none of
that money goes to the Hurd developers.  We are all doing this in our
spare time, so you cannot expect us to do things that we consider
unimportant, and as it happens--and I think I can speak for the
majority--web pages are unimportant.  But if you send a patch, we will
ofcourse look at it, and apply it if it is ok.

Cheers!