Re: Markdown syntax file

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: Markdown syntax file
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 07:22:50 -0500

gary wrote:
 > On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 09:26:45 +0000
 > Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
 >
 > > On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 11:47:28PM +0000, Gerard Lally wrote:
 > > > But New Year is an opportune moment to say a sincere thank you for all
 > > > the work you do, on vile and other software.
 > > >
 > > > I am just returning to vile now, but I use other software like xterm all
 > > > the time, and am very grateful for it.
 > > >
 > > Can I add my seasons greetings and thanks for vile too, thank you to
 > > all [x]vile maintainers.
 > >

 > Me too.  I've been using it for at least 20 years and install it on
 > all my UNIX-based computers.  I even maintained Vile and Xvile in the
 > FreeBSD ports tree for a number of years, but I stopped doing that a
 > while ago.

I too, would like to thank Tom, and all of the ports and packaging
maintainers, and all of you that report bugs (for Tom to fix ;-).
vile is certainly embedded in _my_ fingertips -- I've been using it in
one form or another for over 30 years -- and being able to run it on
any machine I use, without even having had to build it for at least 10
or 15 years, is pretty fantastic.

paul
paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 26.6 degrees)