Re: insert-string garbling characters

From: Thomas Dupond
Subject: Re: insert-string garbling characters
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 14:06:40 +0000

Thank you very much for your fast reply and this small patch.
I downloaded version 9.8u and applied the patch but now
whenever I try to insert an é interactively I only get : \?E9

And this goes for every character like èéêîïôöûù they do not
appear correctly. When I switch to 8bit encoding with
`setl fk=8bit` \?E9 appears correctly as é.

On the bright side, when I use insert-string with UTF-8
encoding, the characters appear normally in the command prompt
and insert-string works as intended.

I realised that you use `setl fk=8bit` and with this encoding
everything work as intended, interactive and insert-string. But
I would rather use UTF-8 than ISO-8859.

I'm sorry I cannot be of much help, I have very little
knowledge of C programming.

Regards,
Thomas Dupond